I’m so excited for 31 Days of Being a Ninja Writer to start tomorrow!
As Anne Shirley (of Green Gables fame) says, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” Not only is it the beautiful start of fall and the beginning of the holiday season, October has Halloween. And my birthday.
And this month it has this awesome challenge that I really, really hope you’ll take with me.
For the next 31 days, I’ll post a tip or a challenge–something actionable that you can do in a few minutes that will help us all build writing lives. This challenge is the essence of what it means to be a Ninja Writer.
Before we get started tomorrow, there are a couple of preliminary things that you can do today.
- Join us on Facebook. The Ninja Writers Facebook group is the most engaged, incredible, active writing community I’ve ever been involved with. I hope you’ll be a part of it. I’ll share my responses to the posts there, so I hope you’ll come by and say hey to the Ninja Writers!
- Get a brand new notebook. You’re going to need one for this challenge. It can be something simple–just a spiral bound notebook or composition book. Or you can get all fancy. It’s up to you. I like simple, because fancy sometimes makes me worry about messing up.
- If you haven’t signed up to get the challenge posts in your inbox, do that now. You don’t want to miss anything. You can sign up here.
- Commit to spending 10 minutes reading and 10 minutes writing every day in October. Stephen King says that writers need to read and write every day. Who are we to argue? Break it up if you have to. You can do this!
- Commit to spending 10 minutes a day being a Ninja Writer in October. That’s all you’ll need for assignments outside of reading and writing. And lots of the assignments count as one or the other. This is a 20 to 30 minute a day challenge. I promise.
- If you have writer friends, share the link to this post. The more the merrier!
That’s it, Ninja Writer. See you tomorrow with assignment number one!
31 Days of Being a Ninja Writer
Sign up to receive 31 Days of Being a Ninja Writer series in your inbox, completely FREE.